Saturday, December 29, 2012

Klimt Mini Post

I have a post on a work of art that fits with the snowy holiday season all ready to go. But first, a little more on Klimt and Adele.


The picture above shows Adele Bloch-Bauer I as it’s framed and reproduced by the Neue Galerie. I want to know why. What’s with the frame-within-a-frame and the white strip underneath? Does it have some sort of historical or artistic significance? Is it original to Klimt? Did the Bloch-Bauer’s hang it like that? I tried to look it up, but I couldn’t find any mention of it’s framing. If you have any ideas please let me know in the comments!

I also found a silly little website where you can insert yourself into a Klimt. It’s surprisingly entertaining, so go “Klimt Yourself!”

Me as Judith I

Yeah, not much actual substance this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment